Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I am in Brazil!

I am now in Beo Horizonte, Brazil! I am so thankful!

I am working at the Rescue house and so far my transition here has been good! Currently we have two boys staying at the Rescue House and today they are moving into a permenant home for street boys- called Restoration House. We are about to take them over this afternoon. They have been living here for 2 weeks, as a transition time and to prepare for life at the house. This trial period is a good way to ease them into a new lifestyle. Living on the streets is very different. The boys must know they are expected to behave, help do chores, and participate in bible studies and prayer times. The two boys are a little nervous about going over, but they are excited too.

After we take the boys over I am going to a local univerisity to sign up for a Portuguese class. I will go to this class every Tues. and Thurs. from 4:00-5:30. I am VERY excited about this because I know it will be very helpful in learning the language. I am SO thankful that there are 2 people in the house that I am in living in that speak English. I am not totally lost, thanks to them. They have been so helpful to me!

I will try to write more later... Wanted to post a little update.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, how fun to go to class too...a Brazilian school experience. I'm glad you're doing well. LOVE YOU!!!!!