Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day!!!

Enjoy photos of the Community Mother's Day Event
we hosted to honor the many mothers here in the slum of Cafezal!




Happy Mother's Day written in Portuguese!


The literal translation is "Happy Day of the Mothers!"



This was posted on the wall behind us while we gave our presentation!


Me with a few of the girls from my afternoon group.

In a drama we presented, the girl sitting beside me needed to be covered with kiss marks all over her face. I made the kiss marks with my dark lipstick just before this photo was taken.


We both laughed so much as I was getting her make-up just right!






Dressed up for the drama!


The afternoon girls group presenting the drama for the mothers! Each girl said a reason why they know they have a special place in the heart of their mother. (For example - because my mom feeds me, takes care of me when I am sick, plays with me, reads the Bible to me, prays for me, ect...)





The girls who participate in my morning girls group singing a song of blessing for the mothers. Click on the video below to seem in action!



After the presentation we all ate cake! A sweet way to end the celebration!


A beautiful photo of a girl from my afternoon group during the refreshment time.


To all of you who are mother's reading this post- I hope you had a very Happy Mother's Day this year and may God Bless you as you continue to be used of God in this role as a mother.


Your love as a mother truly is an expression of the LOVE of God!


I also want to dedicate this special post to my Grandma Dyson who is very sick and in the hospital this Mother's Day. I want to honor her as a Mother and a Grandmother this day. May the Lord bless, comfort, cover her with HIS peace and unconditional LOVE like only He can do...

1 comment:

LadyM said...

Laura, it's SO good to hear what God is doing in Brazil!!