Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thoughts about life...

This is YOUR LIFE...
Are YOU WHO 
you want to be?

Don't CLOSE YOUR EYES...
Don't CLOSE YOUR EYES...
Don't CLOSE YOUR EYES...
Is it everything you dreamed it would be?
When the world was younger and you had everything to lose...

Above are a few lyrics of a song by Switchfoot that I have been meditating on...

I really like this song because it is CONFRONTATIONAL.

This year the Lord has really been challenging me and I have been thinking many thoughts that are expressed in this song.

I am thinking and asking myself many questions...reflecting...

God has given me the gift of LIFE.  How am I going to spend my life?

Is my life REALLY what I want it to be?
 Am I who I want to be? 
 Am I who God is calling me to be? 
Am I closing my eyes to the world around me?

God has placed HOPES, DREAMS, and VISIONS in me.  God is changing the way I see the world, people and how I see Him too.  
Through living here in Brazil I am coming to know GOD in new ways, I discover more and more about His heart and character every day...as I sit and talk with children, as I have relationships with the people God places around me, as I go to the humble homes of the hurting families in the slum, as I share a Bible story or sing with the precious girls
 I work with, as I pray and worship with my team here at the Light House... 

God is challenging me to live this life He has given me, walking hand and hand with HIM, yet going after the dreams, hopes, and visions...  He has given me dreams worth FIGHTING for and unless I fight - purposely live to fight for these things He has placed on my heart - my dreams and hopes may not ever come to pass.

The children that I work with are worth fighting for. Many of them have no one who is really fighting to speak truth into their lives, to tell them of their great worth and value. 

Once again thinking about WHY I am here in Brazil... 
I want to live my life with purpose, with intention, with eyes WIDE OPEN focused on Jesus and ready to see the world around me. I want to SEE God's great compassion and SEE His reaction to reality.  I want to join with Him.  I want to respond and do whatever He longs to do. Be His hands, His feet, His voice, expressing His heart.

Living simply to LOVE...

No comments: